Bypass Israel and its twisted backers and deal direct with those responsible, the United Nations.
By Stuart Littlewood
- Hamas only employs “legitimate resistance” – i.e. against the enemy occupying Palestinian land and holy places.
- Hamas believes negotiations right now would only benefit Israel. Peace cannot be made when one party is so powerful and the other so weak. For the Palestinians negotiation under these circumstances means surrender.
- Hamas does not recognise Israel. Doing so would effectively legitimise the occupation and the rest of Israel’s crimes against the Palestinian people, and would be unacceptable in terms of international law and human values.
- Hamas is not looking for recognition by the West. It already has the legitimacy of the ballot box.
- There will be no peace in the region until the powers deal with Hamas and respect their interests and rights and quit favouring Israel at Palestine’s expense.
- Hamas is in no great hurry.